Friday, June 15, 2012

swallows


my recent adventures in my china/dishware hoarding collecting.

i saw these tea cups and saucers on pinterest and almost fell out of my chair.
they are gorge.
they should probably be mine! right?


kinda reminds me of something you might find in urban outfitters.

crossed my fingers, hoped for the best, and
since it's pinterest, i followed their link but it lead me to flickr.
great. i love pinterest, but it's such a tease when it leads you back to one of those photo-share sites. usually means dead-end.

lucky. {a al napolean dynamite.}

but if they are vintage, there should be more. right?

went to the internets.


and found these blue swallows in google! oh my gosh.
they're even better than the black ones.

mine.
where do i sign?

followed their link, whop whop.
luckier.

the moral of this story is that the internet is cruel.

there are no more links to be found for vintage sets of swallow covered china for me to buy. no pattern name or maker. only photos to tempt and empty links to follow.

i have my china from our wedding and my grandmother's china she gifted me, and those blue swallows would be the perfect link between the 2. so i could use all 3 in one big happy china family.

oh well.


but tgif!

JILL


4 comments:

  1. hi jill,
    I´m falling in love with this service. have you found out everything about something? many thanks anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about Pinterest. Terrbile for dead-ends. I too seen these cups, way above. Someone attributed them to Anthropologie actually. You can find many items like this on ebay. I actually had a plate or two of the second pattern (the blue) and sold it on ebay years ago. I have a large collection of blue bird china and many items with swallows, antique transferware etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fell in love with the pattern as well, so I did a little digging. I think the maker is Atlas China, Stoke-on-Trent, England. The pattern is "Swallows".

    ReplyDelete