Monday, January 21, 2013

tis the season.


citrus season!

it's cold and gloomy and gross outside...
and thank goodness for these, bright sunny spots of vitamin c.

{i love fruit. fruit is like dessert to me.
i don't understand those out there that don't like fruit. it's like candy!
and i will take most any fruit flavored dessert over any chocolate dessert you can throw at me. ever.
drives my husband crazy because he prefers those with chocolate and i prefer... key lime pie.}

at my grocery store right now, grapefruits are 2 for a $1.
i have been eating at least one a day.
at least.

saturday morning breakfast at my house ^

i was tempted to do the grapefruit brulee.
you sprinkle your halved grapefruit with sugar, then pop it under the broiler.

i was tempted...
but it was going to take too long and i just wanted to eat it.
i normally don't even add sugar.
but i think it sounds good.


another one i wanna try:

blood orange bars.
like lemon bars but waaaaaaay more beautiful.

do you see this color?!:


i think it'd be so lovely for a brunch.
or on tuesdays. or fridays. or any day really.

you can find the recipe here.


are you enjoying any fruits of the season right now?


JILL





4 comments:

  1. I made a Lemon Lemon Loaf yesterday. I love citrus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need a little more grape fruit in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are addicting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yesss. love me some grapefruit too. do you have this super cute spoon from Crate and Barrel? http://www.crateandbarrel.com/search.aspx?query=grapefruit%20spoons it's a grapefruit-lovers dream. :)

    ReplyDelete