Friday, January 11, 2013

flowers for friday #128


sorry for the radio silence.
i have to admit it was kinda nice.
although awkward at first. i've only ever taken a day or two away from here at a time before. i had this feeling in the back of my scattered brain that i was missing something important. then... i became ok with it :)
i was still glued to my iphone, but a few days away from here was just what the doctor ordered...

alot of bloggers out there feel my pain.
i think pinterest, while THE largest reason why i'm glued to my phone, is sucking the life and creativity out of blogging. i used to use this place as somewhere to document and keep track of all the things i found beautiful, and to share the knowledge of some lesser known beautiful things with you...

now, that is what pinterest does.

and they do it over and over and over again. really well.
like, too well.

and again, while i love me some pinterest time before i even get out of bed every single morning (and through the whole day), i am finding it harder to find stuff to blog about... are we becoming desensitized to pretty? good, i didn't think so either.

so, i will be back here on monday all bright eyed and bushy tailed. raring to go.
with even more original content than ever before.
i'm going to share lots more of my photography.
and there's a TONNNNNNN to catch up on over the last 3 or 4 months. so i will do that. and i'm excited.
and i'm going to share what's happening at my house more often. because it's one giant work in progress, has been and always will be i think!
and because frankly, the blogs i love to read most are those with their own content! and i want you to love it here, too.

so that's what i'm going to do.
along with those same things i'm still finding beautiful and just can't keep to myself. 
so that you can pin them.

ha.


happy weekend, kids.

JILL



{image taken by emily steffen, via ruffled blog}


2 comments:

  1. I've found so much blogging happiness in when I create my own content. It can be challenging at times but it's so rewarding. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay the course! You girls were part of the reason I started my own blog. Continue to write about the things you are inspired by in your life and we will keep reading.

    xoxo,
    www.sentimentalistlindley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete