Thursday, December 9, 2010

brenna and ross...a dream wedding in vail

a quick introduction: i came across this wedding through a friend, who was a guest at the event, and is a close friend of brenna's (the bride) from highschool and friend of mine (and my husband's) from college. after i saw his snapshots from the weekend i immediately knew i had to share this incredible day with all of the blue house readers. i have to thank brenna for taking the time to provide all the details and for agreeing to share her day as a breathtaking bride with all of us.

now for the fun...
(click on the photos to enlarge)

Ross and I met a few years ago when i moved back to Oklahoma City. Mutual friends of ours planned a couples trip to grand lake....little did we know we were the singles being set up. I honestly had no idea until I arrived! After a fun filled weekend the rest was history, we started dating after that weekend.





Time to plan a wedding! I chose Vail because this is truly my second home. My parents bought their house when my sister and I were babies; we have been going there for winter and summers for years! Its a beautiful place that has become a special part of my life. I wanted to do something different than my sister since just the year before she had been married in OKC...So what better and more beautiful place than Vail, CO!? Ross loved the idea too! He also grew up in CO and lived in Aspen for a bit as a child so it was perfect.

What we planned to be a small wedding, didn't turn out so small. We had a little over 200 people travel to Vail! Our wedding was over labor day weekend. I planned to have the wedding over a holiday so our guests would also be able to make a vacation out of it! Beaver Creek had Octoberfest and Vail Village had the Music and Arts Festival. That time of year is absolutely gorgeous, and Vail is a place that has so much to offer in respect to adventure and relaxation! Guests golfed, fished, hiked, river rafted and more!


My mother is the one who gets all the credit for planning such a wonderful wedding. She is extremely creative and has wonderful taste! We hired a wedding planner who was fabulous, but I am sure my mom stepped on her toes. Deep down I think she wants to be a wedding planner too! :) If it was not for her I don't know what I would have done! From her detailed itinerary to the long list of things to do in Vail left in every room with gift bags from my mother in law, the guests had everything they needed! The wedding was perfect!




The weekend went by so fast, but I made sure to find moments to take it all in! My favorite part was watching our friends and family - everyone had a great time!



----
classy, stylish, tasteful, memorable and fun! a day that evoked ross and brenna's love for their family and friends.

thank you again!!! what an amazing day!!

xoxo,
elle.


Photographer – James Christianson

Day of the Wedding:

Dress – Oscar de la Renta

Shoes – Jimmy Choo

Earrings – Bijoux Heart

Hair Flower – Toni Federici

Bridesmaid Dresses - Poleci

Wedding – Vail Interfaith Chapel

Reception – Sonnenalp Resort of Vail

Invitations – No Regrets

Flowers – Plum Sage


Band – Projects out of Dallas/Fort Worth

Videographer – III Oaks

Wedding Planner (besides my mom :)) – Carolyn Moorman

Rehearsal Dinner – Larkspur

A day of rest later we flew off to our honeymoon! Paris then Monaco! Two places I have never been before!

We got engaged about a year and half later the Friday before Thanksgiving. We meet everyday for lunch and that special Friday I thought we were just having another regular lunch date. I walked in Ross's house and he had arranged my favorite flowers all over the house. There he was sitting in the living room with our two dogs. He got down on one knee.....and then we were engaged!

No comments:

Post a Comment