Tuesday, October 19, 2010

with the leaves falling outside...

makes me want to bring some leaves inside to tide me over through winter!


what i really want is a citrus tree, more specifically a kumquat tree.

via domino

i don't claim to be a green thumb. in fact i have killed 2(!) palm trees that i've tried to keep in my house. in my defense of the last little guy, i went on vacation to paris and my mom forgot to water him ;)

via culture sheet

although they have great shiny foliage and sweet smelling aromas, i hear citrus plants can be a little finicky...

via southern accents

so maybe i should stick with a fiddle leaf fig.

via domino

they have just become so popular and trendy over the past few years....

via little green notebook

via little green notebook

via colour me happy blog

via apartment therapy

via chloe warner

via apartment therapy

don't know what plant or plants i will go with but my point is, i love fall but i don't love when all the leaves actually fall off. so i thought i'd bring some life into my house before that happens. an indoor tree is a great option, not to mention what it does for the air quality of your home... nasa recommends you have a plant per room! (can't remember where i heard that. i think maybe over on young house love... not sure the accuracy of that statement, but still!)

via domino




want to know the cherry on top?

they make your rooms look gorgeous :)


JILL

1 comment:

  1. triple love your blog today ... love all the indoor trees ... makes me want to get one since i have no furniture!

    ReplyDelete