i have a grown-up halloween party inspiration for you today. my mom's annual party is tomorrow and we've had lots-o-fun coming up with ideas this year.
i could kick myself that i didn't buy this skull cocktail shaker when i had the chance last year! it was on sale at pottery barn in december for like 6 bucks. i passed and shouldn't have. what a great addition to your party's bar.
these free downloadable labels are from martha.
bone cookies made of merengue.
the queen of halloween herself.
glasses from target.... a creepy red cocktail would be appropriate, don't you think?
did you all know there is black vodka and black tequila now that does this to your cocktails? new to me. (looks healthy though, doesn't it?!)
the perfect, creepy coffin-and-skeleton party invites from martha.
our third annual pumpkin carving party was last night. and it was another huge success! our friends rob and gen hosted on their rooftop which was the perfect setting for our spooky jack-o-lanterns.
we had an assortment of seasonal snacks and halloween treats from ghoulish guac and creepy crudités...we also served a festive apple cider punch and a witch's white bean stew. gen made to die for pumpkin cupcakes using the mix from trader joe's and adding a homemade cream cheese frosting.
our friends took the event quite seriously.
we used the template from martha to create our witch
we had a baby shower for this little lady this weekend and i got the chance to catch up with good friends...
our friend, christina is the executive director of the mid-kansas affiliate of susan g. komen for the cure in wichita. she inspires me daily, but this time she inspired me to post a little about what this month is all about. october isn't over yet and it's all about pink ;)
the inspired room
you see, christina's family was hit (more than once!) with breast cancer and thankfully her strong family and faith got them though it.... and now she's courageously raising money with the susan g. komen foundation to find a cure for all the rest of us.
the foundation to date has raised $450 million for research projects and $50 million to improve/find new early detection and screening tools.
canadian house and home
christina emailed me, what i thought, a wonderful fact:
75% of the money raised by the susan g. komen foundation in kansas, stays there to help those in kansas and the other 25% is contributed to the national award and research grant program to fund more research.
little green notebook
it affects us all as women, and we should all do what we can to contribute. big or small.
one of my favorite ideas christina presented me with was eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich once a week... while helping women at the same time! you see, you eat in once a week and then donate the money you save by not going out!
simple, painless yet so very helpful!
my little happy place
to donate that pb&j money, you can go here. you can also go here for facts galore.
to see some of what christina does, you can visit here.
you see, it affects us all and there is no sense in ignoring it.